Sunday, April 19, 2009

Susan eats Veg Chopsuey!

Ok this has nothing to do with Susan eating chopsuey hehe. This blog is about a nice time I had yesterday. I was planning to go watch Monsters vs Aliens with Tejas. I also asked Supa to come along. The movie's title is kinda misleading ain't it? Monsters vs Aliens...sounds like some horror "bhoot" movie for those who are not familiar with Dreamworks' title. Well, anyway, our plan was to head for E-square. We were planning to start from here at 12 noon, get the 12:38 train, reach Shivajinagar by around 1:45, book tickets, do some shopping and then watch the movie at 3. Heh. But with the scorching heat outside, was it a good idea? 12-3 outside in the heat travelling like crazy? This is when Kunal comes to the rescue. He showed up at 11 Am. He told me "Why not go to Adlabs Chinchwad? Its nearer. Check the schedule online." Damn, why didn't I think of that? I had only checked E-square's schedule online. So check I did at the last minute. Monsters vs Aliens at 1:05 PM showing at Adlabs. Good to go. Kunal offered to drop 'monkey Tejas' in the forest (part of our evil plan muhahaha!) while Supa and I headed to Adlabs to book our tickets. It was so freakin' hot outside! I wondered if we'd be able to get the tickets but Kunal was like "Don't worry. Aaram se mil jayega. Zyada koi nahi deknewala." (Don't worry, you'll easily get it. Hardly anyone is going to watch it.) And he was right. Stupid Indian public. Haha. There wasn't even a big poster of Monsters vs Aliens. Only ones of Hindi and Marathi movies. Boooring! So we booked the tickets and waited for Tejas to come so we could go inside and relax under the A.c. Finally we went inside. Ah that felt so good. Tejas really looks forward to watching Dragonball: Evolution, but I'm like "its gonna flop, its gonna suck; its gonna make the real db\z\gt fan suffer from embarassment and regret!"

Tejas: You don't like Dragonball?

Me: Wtf!? The movie hardly has anything to do related to the Db universe? There's no Krillin! Piccolo looks like shit.

Tejas: Yeah there's no Chichi, but I wanna watch it.

Me: Fine. Enjoy watching it in theatre and let me know of your wonderful experience.

So back to Monsters vs Aliens, the movie was fun to watch. Some parts were funny, some were pretty cliche, Susan was hot and Derek was a selfish jerk. I loved B.o.b. The cockroach mad scientist did his evil laugh too many times. Can't say much about the missing link but he had his funny parts too-"A convenient truth".... Overall, it was a fun movie, though the trailer had given me a more interesting impression than the movie actually did. But it was fun watching.

After the movie, we went to Crosswords. We bought plenty of comics. Here's a pic showing some of them.Yes, WTF! (You'll find out soon why.) I love the "Six issues for just Rs. 99/-" offers at crosswords. Problem is, you won't find out which random issues you've got, until you open and see. Tejas bought Archies, Nights into Dreams (cool series) and World Almanac for kids. Okay. Supa got some more Archies. I went for the "10 comics for just Rs 99/-". Couldn't resist. I hoped I wouldn't get crap in it though. Last time I had got Archies and ended up with 2 of the comics being fucking Scooby Doo.

I was getting very hungry. Supa decided to go home. Tejas decided to hang around with me. He was getting hungry too. McD was crowded, so we went to Yo China and had Veg Chopsuey (where were the pineapple slices the menu had promised?) with Pepsi. It was fun. Stomachs being filled (somewhat), the feeling of relief and satisfaction from hunger and some interesting conversations were what made the eating part worth it. After that, we took a six seater to Nigdi bus stop and an auto home. We reached home at around 4:30. Time for load shedding. MSEDCL morons...

So let's see what we got in this 10 in 1. Spider-man. Check. Thundercats. Check. Dexter's Lab. Okay. Comic version of an episode from the show. Been there done that. Jonny Bravo. Wtf! No! Avengers. Check. Jonny Bravo. WTF! Again?? SH**! Ultimate Spider-man. Check. Batman. Check. Santa and Banta with Trendy First edition. This is pretty cool stuff. You can see the cover in the pic. Its cool and funny. And now, ladies and gentlemen, time for the crappiest of them all for which the number one  WTF is reserved for. You can see it in the pic (left side).  "Bollywood: The Ultimate Chase". W........T........F....... seriously. Why would I want to read a stupid Bollywood comic? The artwork is good though; But its Bollywood, so for me its crap. So we read comics until it was time for the MSEDCL morons to restore the power. Then we played some Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Devil May Cry 3. It was fun as always. :) Then at around 8 PM I got a call from Kunal saying he didn't have his class, so he was in Nigdi near Vasu wada pav. I met him there. Tejas was busy playing Devil May Cry 3, so I told him to continue playing till I returned with Kunal. We ate some wada pav and took some thick shakes home, which we all  enjoyed along with some Smash Bros. After a few matches it was time for Kunal to leave so I dropped him off at the bus stop. 

Bahut mazaa aaya. 

No comments: