Sunday, April 12, 2009

An old friend arrives...

Tejas, the little kid who used to live next door. The kid who used to love watching cartoons, playing games and showing off his action figures; its been 7 years since I last saw him. He had moved to Mangalore and has come here recently for a brief visit, say 15 days. Its surprising and amusing. You see a little kid and after those many years; you see a grown, or rather,  growing-up version of him. Its an amusing experience - "Aww, the little kid has grown up". Goodbye kiddy days, hello Warcraft.

He has just given his 10th std board exams. Wishes to continue his studies there. Fine by me. Though his other childhood friends wish he'd stay. Can't blame him though. Life's changed for him. A different friend circle, a different phase in life, one must move on. He says it feels like it was yesterday that he lived here. Agreed. I remember the dreamy experience. I always feel that when I go to Mumbai, Tardeo, where we used to live earlier. It feels strange - that world you used to live in moves on and so do the people there. Things change. Its obvious, but it feels strange.

Enough of pondering lol. Tejas is a gamer which is a good thing for me. He has a Logitech Cordless Rumblepad2. Whoa. Doesn't that thing cost around Rs. 3k? Nice toy.

A next door neighbour of mine - a gamer? Too good to be true, but I intend to have fun while it lasts. We play Smash Bros, Soul Calibur 2 and many other games. He loves Warcraft 3, which tends to make me sleepy whenever he starts playing. Ha ha oh well. You can't win em all. Yet I'll beat you in Smash Bros, Mr Ike. Ha ha ha!

1 comment:

Yash said...

Really nice post. I loved reading about it.