Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Let's rumble!

"If Kunal can fix my gamepad, he can keep it!" Oops! Did I actually say that? Me and my big mouth! Seriously, what was I thinking?

Anyway, here's what had happened. I had taken my Twin Shock controller to a friend's room for some smash bros multiplayer. One of my friends got careless and pulled the wire real hard. Darn it! My controller had this annoying loose connection problem since then. Move the wire a bit, accidently or deliberately and the gamepad would stop responding for 1 second. Finally, Windows stopped detecting it no matter how much I shook the wire! Frustrated, I took Twin Shock to an electrician. I thought he would fix the problem. Hmm not quite...Windows still wouldn't detect it. I had given up hope. Then came Kunal. Kunal told me he had the right equipment that could fix my Twin Shock. I had given up so I told him that if he could fix it he could keep it. He grinned. Uh oh.

A couple of days later I went to his place. Kunal took out his soldering rod and other stuff. I watched in awe as he tinkered around. He is a genius! His parents are very experienced in electrical stuff so I was impressed. Kunal's dad also offered some advice during the post mortem and resurrection period. There was a ray of hope. After plugging the gamepad to his PC, Windows detected it. Alright! Way to go buddy! Uh...now Im supposed to give him my Twin Shock. -_-'

I decided that Kunal could keep Twin Shock as soon as I get another controller. He agreed. He also asked me to keep it reserved for him at my place. (We usually play multiplayer at my place.)

Right, now the hunting would begin. I opened Justdial.com. The site rocks. Search for something and select a city (India only). I got the contact details for Compuciti. I called em up. I had been to the one at MG road so I know they didn't have it. I called up the one at JM road (at least that's what Justdial had said.) The controller was available but they had shifted to a place that seemed pretty far away. So I called the Aundh branch. The one at Aundh had it available. I was about to leave. Oh, what's this? The pups were causing havoc. Some Archie comics were torn apart, 'slaughtered' I'd say! Thanks to my sister for leaving them around carelessly! They had pooped too. Sigh. After cleaning stuff up I quickly left. Had to wait at the bus stop for about half an hour. Finally I was on my way. I felt like listening to some music in the bus so I put on my earphones. No sound was coming from the left earphone. I opened to see that there was no wire there! It was broken. I remember my sister had last used it. Grrr! Well at least the right earphone works, but that still had me grumbling.

Reached Compuciti, Aundh. Went in. Got the controller for 400 bucks. A Dualshock USB clone from SVB. Mission accomplished, I headed home.

I tried Okami, Devil May Cry 4, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters, Dead or Alive 2 and DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on it. Rocks. Now I look forward to beating Kunal to a pulp in multiplayer. Keyboard owns eh? Now let's see you sing a different tune!

While I was typing this blog post, my very good online friend Hoodcom (we've been buds since 2001) showed me his awesome Sega collection on MSN. Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, Sega 32X, Sega CD, Sega Dreamcast. Man, I think the Dreamcast controller's sweet! I would like to try it out someday.

And now to conclude this wonderful blog post, "Kunal, I vil own j00 in Budokai yoooooooooo!"

4 comments:

Yash said...

Really nice post. I enjoyed your bits of humor thrown in there. You are a good writer too. you just don't get around to writing that often. I'd like to see more posts..

Abhirao said...

More posts will come in future I'm sure. ;)

Deepak Kumar said...

nicely written man.. was pretty interesting. I loved the "own j00" part =P

CA Singla Singla said...

Amazing Article.




GST consultant In Delhi .